Study Group Mathematics with Industry 2023
How can mathematics solve your challenge in high tech? Sign up for the Study Group!
Mathematics provides a surprising amount of techniques to solve challenges in high tech systems & materials. Does your company have such challenges but no time to look into them? Or would you like to strengthen your contacts in the academic world? Would you like to meet mathematicians whom you could offer a job?
Then submit your problem description to the Study Group Mathematics with Industry (SWI 2023)!
A group of 5-10 mathematicians will analyse your problem for a whole week and present a solution on Friday.
Here is a sample of the problems and solutions of more than 60 companies in 19 earlier editions:
- How often and with what test strategies should we test mechanical bearings? (SKF)
- Is it feasible to build an artificial Dutch mountain? (Foundation Die Berg Komt Er)
- What is the best route to connect components on a chip? (NXP)
- How often should we release new versions of software? (ASML)
- How can we improve GPS navigation in buildings with poor reception? (ESA)
- Can we use “gossiping” to improve messaging in wireless sensor networks? (Chess)
- How can we model hole drilling with lasers as to improve drilling quality? (Eldim)
Participation costs only €1.750 thanks to sponsoring by NWO.
SWI 2023 will take place at the University of Groningen from 30 January to 3 February 2023.
Follow us on LinkedIn
We share more news and events via our LinkedIn page.